promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what sides should be served with beef stroganoff?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

.... it depends on how "rustic" you want the food to taste.

Beef stroganoff is like a stew, correct, poured over noodles?

If you want to stay true to its Eastern European (or inspired E. Euro) origins, stick with vegetables that you find in that region. I imagine Brussels Sprouts, cabbage or a green bean would be good. A cucumber salad, made with sour cream, sugar and vinegar would also match. If you or any of your guests are prone to flatulence, be mindful of stuff like cabbage or cucumbers.

Also, if you actually were in Russia, your side dishes might be something like beets and/or peas in a sweet mayonnaise sauce ... some of these foods are not well-adjusted for American tastes.

If you are doing some kind of west-coast fusion kind of thing, you can try something more daring like bok choy.

A green salad is good for an all-american contrast. You can't go wrong with that.

It all depends on the crowd.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

What Goes With Beef Stroganoff

• 9 years ago

Beef stroganoff is a delicious, rich main course. Stick with sides that are light and offer an opposing clarity and cleanse to the palate.

Any side dish with creamy sauces, cheese, or other thick creams (such as sour cream or a Greek-style yogurt) are too much like what’s in the stroganoff itself.

Sauted red cabbage with a hint of vinegar in it is tops with this dish. Red beets in a vinaigrette dressing, also make it look terrific because it brightens the stroganoff that is usually a deep brown except for the egg noodles you serve under it.

Of course, you can always have a garden salad; choose slightly bitter greens such as arugula with a balsamic/lemon dressing. The stroganoff is earthy, but it’s also a tad sweet (because of the onions). So complement it with crisp greens and veggies and you can’t go wrong, in fact, you’ll only upgrade the stroganoff by adding healthy ingredients as its side. Freshly snipped flat-leaf parsley over the top of the stroganoff will help pull it and its sides together.

Gail Greco

Chef/Editor Carefree Cooking Magazine at www.teflon.com

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what sides should be served with beef stroganoff?

Source(s): sides served beef stroganoff: https://shortly.im/DDPuD
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Daisy, I'll be right over, I just bought a loaf of store bought bread and in the absence of noodles, linguine or jasmine rice a nice slice of fresh white bread will do. I also have a bottle of homemade Mustang Grape Wine that should compliment that Beef Stroganoff. I plan to thaw out some Shrimp Gumbo and make a fresh pot of rice for supper.

• 9 years ago

If you serve the stroganoff over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes - then you could just have a tossed green salad and maybe some rolls with it.

For lots of color on your plate - stroganoff over noodles, green beans and oven roasted baby carrots would be good and look nice.

• 9 years ago

Beef Stroganoff is usually served over noodles. You can serve green peas or buttered carrots, green beans, Harvard Beets, rutabaga or parsnips. Just about any fresh veggie would be good.

• 9 years ago

Beef stroganoff is a hearty meal, so lighter sides such as green beans, peas, or a side salad would be appropriate.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axwyi

Both linguine and jasmine rice would both be great with the stroganoff. the other suggestions people have made are great too. I would serve it on top of some garlic toast with a side of caesar salad. :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Serve over noodles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.