Best way to e-book/e-read? Kindle/Nook/IPad/tablet....?

Best way to e-book/e-read? Kindle/Nook/IPad/tablet....? There are so many choices out there, I wanted opinions on what is best.... I am a college grad student and lugging 50lbs of books on my back isnt my idea of a fun mile and half walk home in 90 degree weather.... So I am looking into ebooks. There are so many... show more Best way to e-book/e-read? Kindle/Nook/IPad/tablet....?
There are so many choices out there, I wanted opinions on what is best.... I am a college grad student and lugging 50lbs of books on my back isnt my idea of a fun mile and half walk home in 90 degree weather.... So I am looking into ebooks. There are so many options I wanted opinions if I am missing out on anything: Please keep in mind, my main priority is for reading school textbooks. :)

Kindle DX with free 3G: I just got a kindle.
Positive: E-ink is amazing. Easy on the eyes for my long readings. Amazon has a large selection of books for kindle (BUT not all my textbooks are on there D: ) Long battery life is great. Light and portable. Text to speech option for when im walking. Ability to do notes and bookmarks helpful for class setting.
Negative: 3G doesnt always work for me. Ill try and buy a book and it says that it cant make the connection. No page number for when my teacher says "look at the chart on page 16). Not too many other options for 'fun' options like applications or internet searching (but thats also a good thing so it doesnt distract me from reading!)

IPad:
Positive: More 'fun' features when around Wi-Fi(I cant afford paying for 3G every month). Backlighting for when in the dark reading (Neg: Hurts my eyes in my long readings...), can put my music and IPod videos on it.
Neg: Not as many textbook availabilities as the kindle(unless I download the kindle app- then its equal), dont get free 3G, less battery life, not good for long readings
?: e- book capabilities

Nook Color:
Positive: color is nice, android option (<heard: but i dont know much about),

Neg: Backlighting hurts the eyes for long readings, not as many textbooks available as kindle (maybe use android option and add kindle app?)

Am I wrong on anything? Any other better options? Please explain. Detailed input in much appreciated-Thanks!