How can i raise my blood pressure naturally, and quickly?

When i get my period, the first day is really bad. My blood pressure plummets and i get dizzy and faint. Also, my cramps are unbearable. I know every girl say this, but mine actually make me throw up from the pain. I throw up for a couple hours, then pass out and sleep for an hour or two, then start over. I read that there are others like me, and that it is caused by low blood pressure. I don't always have low blood pressure, so its just during my period. I know its coming on now, so how can i quickly raise it? Thanks in advance! Any info helps :)

P.S. I cant eat or drink anything because i just throw it up seconds later, so i need to get it up and keep it up for a day or two? Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry you're in such pain. I'd recommend talking this over with a doctor. They should do a blood test on you & make sure you don't have iron-deficiency anemia. Low iron because of losing iron in your period, plus having a low red blood cell count to begin with would make you feel dizzy.

A knowledgeable OB/GYN doctor may also have suggestions. Depending on how horrible the pain is, and as long as you're not trying to get pregnant right now, you might even consider talking to your doctor about medication that regulates or stops your period for a few months, like the Pill or Depo-Provera. Depo-Provera is a shot that causes your bleeding to really slow down or even stop for 3-6 months, after which time your period gradually returns again.

As far as over-the-counter remedies, you could try taking a migraine medication like Excedrin for Migraines. Migraines also cause people to feel nauseous and sometimes lightheaded. These OTC migraine meds have extra strength aspirin and tylenol in them for pain. More important, they also contain caffeine, and that will raise your blood pressure. Caffeine also amplifies the pain-fighting effect of tylenol.

Most people can tolerate tylenol well on an empty stomach, but if you can, drink something like a very light smoothie drink beforehand, just to give your stomach a little extra protection. You may still feel tired and want to sleep, but it should offer you some pain and nausea relief, as well as helping fight dizziness.

Eat banana, egg, milk or some there kind of food