?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 9 years ago

Can you give me a good violin teacher in the southwest area of ohio?

I want one that is $15/hour or less. Can you also give me the ages that they teach? thanks!

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure about the going rate for lessons in Ohio, but in Virginia, you would expect to pay $40-$55 for an hour. Beginners usually take 30-minute lessons for $25. If someone is charging substantially less, it is probably not a quality (licensed, degreed, or experienced) teacher.

To find a teacher, try the American String Teacher Association at this link http://www.astaweb.com/Public/Member_Resources/Fin...

You can also try a local college with a music department. Most professors also give lessons outside the college, and most colleges also keep a list of alumni who teach.

You can also try your local music stores. Some stores give lessons onsite, and others can refer you to a quality teacher.