how is peanut butter negative space?

and what is negative space??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Negative space, in art, is the space around and between the subject(s) of an image. Negative space may be most evident when the space around a subject, and not the subject itself, forms an interesting or artistically relevant shape, and such space is occasionally used to artistic effect as the "real" subject of an image. The use of negative space is a key element of artistic composition. The Japanese word "ma" is sometimes used for this concept, for example in garden design."

Therefore, in ordinary 3 dimensional space (4 if Einstein tags along), whether peanut butter is or is not negative space is more or less purely subjective.

For information on the properties of peanut butter in hypothetical extradimensional space-time, see:

http://www.facade.com/stichomancy/personal/?UID=67...

• Login to reply the answers
  • jehen
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's not. What it is, is pureed legumes.

Be that as it may as it is an easily malleable paste peanut butter could be sculpted into shapes that inform through the use of negative space (negative space in this context is the space where something isn't - think of the hole left in the dough when you used a cookie cutter) . And the positive side is that you get to lick your fingers.

• 9 years ago

Because I don't like peanut butter which makes it negative and it takes up space in my kitchen so its negative space

Source(s): Dumbass peanut butter, why did I even buy it
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.