So I'm 190lbs, have lost 20 lbs and an now pregnant, cam I stol keep losing weight while pregnant?

Used to be 210 and have ben really active running 5 & 8ks. I'm now pregnant and I'm still considered obese. Obviously I know its not a healthy weight so I don't need negative answers please :) but I'm just curious is it still possible to lose weight and keep the baby healthy as well. Or is that an oxymoron?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well done for losing that weight!

I think it's possible to lose weight if you just continue what you've been doing - i.e. sounds like healthy living, rather than extreme dieting etc? The baby will be getting enough nutrients if you eat healthily, and it's also good to keep doing the same amount of exercise as you were doing before you got pregnant.

I guess I think it's just not good to be actively trying to lose weight, as opposed to having a healthy lifestyle (and losing weight as a result of that). Does that make sense?

It's probably important to put on some weight for the pregnancy though so don't be disappointed if you do, you should have plenty of motivation to lose weight after the baby is born (to be a good role model) so just don't beat yourself up about it if you do put on weight.

Hope this helps and good luck!

• Joshua
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Chew gum while cooking to stop snacking

• 4 years ago

2 and 1 2 hours bowling

• Noreen
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

add red pepper flakes to your pantry when eaten early in the day red pepper lowers the amount of food youll eat later

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

eat 5 6 small meals a day instead of 3

• 5 years ago

Try yoga to lose weight

• 4 years ago

2 hour walk at a moderate pace

• 4 years ago

Avoid late night eating Because your metabolism slows down when you sleep

• 4 years ago

Keep proper distance between meals

• 5 years ago

the rub on ground turkey is that its dry add some olive oil and finely blended onions to a turkey burger or turkey meatball to enhance its juiciness

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.