Minecraft- How do I get back to my house? I'm lost (and not by wandering)?

I went through a portal I had made and it was my 3rd time going in and I was in the Nether for about 15 minutes and when I went bck through I ended up spawning in another portal In a cave. I started digging up and when I got to the top my house was now where in sight and nothing looked familiar. And all the stuff i collected was in my house in chests! How did it happen, and how do I get back?

Favorite Answer

1st Idea: One way to get back is to press F3 in-game, this will bring up your X, Y, and Z coordinates. The Y number is how high up you are (This will generally be somewhere around 60 if your above ground) Then walk a direction that brings the Z and X numbers to 0. If your Z number is negative walk a way that makes it count positive. If you can get your X and Z to 0, this will be the point you spawned when you originally created the world. You can most likely find your way home from this spot.

2nd idea: You can dig and find Redstone and Iron and make a Compass with these two ingredients. Put Redstone in the middle and surround it on four sides with the Iron making a plus sign + or cross. Should look something like this:

.........Iron...........

Iron-Redstone-Iron

.........Iron...........

Use a crafting table to make this. The red needle will point you to the last place you slept or your spawn point.

Hope you find your home! :)

Source(s): I have sooo gotten lost using portals. haha!
  • boyes

Lost In Minecraft

• SteveO

The only way I know of is by wandering around until you find something you recognize. You should probably go back into the nether and go back through the portal where you originally entered since there is a one-to-one correlation with both worlds...so going back through the original portal will put you back in the exact same spot you entered from the normal world.

Make a compass it will point you to your spawn point and hopefully you know your way home from there, your going to have to make pickaxes and go mining for iron and redstone