What Is Your Thought/Opinion On Tourette Syndrome?

Title[Quesstion] Says It All Please? I Need It For Homework To Ask Others What They Think Of It

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Tourette Syndrome is a highly variable condition. I'm not sure what kind of "opinion" you're looking for! In some mild cases it can just be an occasional, uncontrollable "tick," like a blink or a small movement. Severity can range up to a more debilitating condition with larger and more frequent uncontrolled movements and/or vocalizations. (It is the rare minority who actually yell out words)

Source(s): genetic counselor
  • M
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

It's a brain condition that causes you to make movements and noises that you can't control.

Well, I have it and I can say that sometimes it's really hard. But to be honest, if I didn't have tourette syndrome, I wouldn't have met so many nice people and I wouldn't be who I am. Tourette syndrome is a part of me and I wouldn't change it.

Really, the toughest thing about having TS is lack of public awareness. People just don't know about it. A lot of people who have heard if it think that it's this bizarre illness that makes you cuss at people.. which obviously isn't true at all!

• Melody
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I know it as a potentially disabling neurobiological disorder that causes involuntary movements and vocalizations. It is disabling for me, although most affected find it only embarassing or annoying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.