Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Virginia Earthquake!?

well you know how there was that earthquake in virginia and like 4 states felt it? well my dad is in richmond for buisness and do you think hes ok!?!? im really worried about him! i texted him and he hasnt texted back! im so scared he usally texts back right away!!!!! and i cant bare to lose my dad were so close and we have a great bond i couldnt think of what life would be without him! i am almost in tears writing this!!!

Favorite Answer

The phone lines are overloaded! Nobodys texts or calls are going through! 5.8 is really not that bad. I don't think they found anyone dead from the earthquake. My family's friend lives right near the epicenter and he said all is good. No need to worry!

• bazile

I stay in NJ and the only element my fiance and that i might continuously say is that we (mid Atlantic states) are previous due for an earthquake and previous due for a hurricane. We have been given our earthquake the different day and it feels like we are going to get the hurricane this weekend. Granted it's going to in all threat be a type 2 and human beings in Florida will make relaxing persons yet we've been given 18 inches of snow dumped on us 2 days after Christmas final December. as quickly as we dug ourselves out, yet another 12 inches fell 4 or 5 days later. a week later, we had yet another snow hurricane. some states get a dusting of snow and that they do no longer comprehend what to do. This grow to be genuinely the third measurable earthquake i've got experienced at the same time as living in NJ and Massachusetts. There are fault platforms working up and down the east coast yet they are not as energetic as those on the west coast. that's a diverse experience for us yet once you ask somebody in NJ what that they had do if 12 inches of snow falls from the sky, that they had in all threat inform you that that they had dig their automobile out and rigidity to artwork with something of the morons on the line.

Dude, I'm from South California (not a typo) where we have real earthquakes. Sorry but there's a HUGE difference between a 5.8 and even a 6.0!

In other word, calm down, the world is not ending and you will survive.

I'd rather deal with earthquakes than hurricanes!

Source(s): nobarry
  • Erin

I live in New Jersey and i felt it. But i'm sure your dad's okay, it wasn't that bad of an earthquake.

keep calling/texting him but i think he's ok. my aunt and uncle live there so they were both ok (and they live near the epicenter).

crybaby

no deaths were reported