Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Target application assistance?

Well a couple days ago I did the online target application. So I'm wondering what should I do from then. How do I have to wait to maybe hear a reply. Or do you think I should call my nearby target to see what I can do please help. It's my first job search so help would be appreciated

Favorite Answer

I once applied for a job there. I didn't hear from them for about a month, then they finally called to schedule an interview. By then I'd already gotten another job! Sometimes they take a while, but they go through all the applications (they get printed out in the HR office) and put them in a folder either marked "Call" or "Do Not Call" depending on whether they're interested in you. They usually have a lot of applications to go through so they will interview and hire however many people they need. If they have already hired enough people before they get to you, they will still keep you on file for when they need more new hires, but in that case it could be a while before they contact you again. Don't try to call them though; they'll call you. In the meantime sit tight and look for other jobs.

Source(s): I used to work there (after the other job ended) and I've been in the HR office. I know how it's done.
  • ?

Machines read online applications.

If your application doesn't contain enough of the keywords the computer has been told to recognize, then your application will be ignored.

If your application does contain desired keywords, then a person will actually look at it.

If that person feels you'd be qualified to do the job, that person may contact you for an interview.

So......for the time being, you wait to see if someone calls you (or sends you a e-mail) about coming in for an interview.

Wait a couple of weeks. If you don't hear anything in that time period, then very probably you won't be getting a job at Target.