what states felt the east coast earthquake?

im in PA and i felt it what other states did?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • jpm896
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All along the east coast from Georgia and South Carolina to New York and Massachusetts and beyond. Even Toronto, Canada felt it, and Michigan and Ohio, too. Earthquakes are felt much farther away on the East Coast than they are on the West Coast, even though they generally weaker.

It was reportedly felt in at least 20 states, including:

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, (...?)

• 9 years ago

North & South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, New York, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey and some parts of Canada!

• 9 years ago

Basically the whole east coast (starting from the carolinas) a little of Ohio

• ewers
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

there grow to be only a million earthquake and it grow to be in Virginia. something of the states that felt it have been only getting tremors from the Virginia earthquake. i assume east coast little ones arent taught approximately tremors and eathquakes?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I'm in SOuth Jersey and felt it. I was sitting at my PC on FBook when it started. I immediately posted my status and friends from Ohio and New York City said they were feeling it as well.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

New jersey, maryland, d.c, rhode island, georgia. The carolinas, new york, I think vermont, ohio and even tornoto canada I heard.

• 9 years ago

My house shook like a *****...im from Maryland

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Delaware.

• Dina
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I'm on Long Island and i felt it

• 9 years ago

I know in new jersey because i felt it here

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.