? asked in HealthDental · 10 years ago

Jaw locks when i move it back and try to open my mouth?

My jaw locks when i move it back and try to open my mouth. for the past 12 days ive been having popping and clicking in my jaw, but recently it has gone away. There was pain originally, but now theres no pain. im a 14 year old guy. Ive never had these types of problems before, and i do have braces, but i didnt get my bicuspids extracted. I also have a minor overjet. when i dont move my jaw back, it doesnt lock. I called my orthodontist, but hes closed for today so ill have to get an appointment tommorow. What should I do?

• Patty
    Favorite Answer

Please do go see your Dr.

You may have what they call TMJ.

The muscles in your jaw will lock up, pop and can even lock open or shut.

Also, you could have a hole in the disc between your jaw bones.

This will make it lock up and pop too.

These can be monitered and taken care of.

Hope it all works out for you!!

stop sucking weener