How do you know if your running correctly?

When I'm at the gym, people look at me as if I'm crazy because my feet pound on the treadmill. Of course I was unaware of my dilemma until I took out my earplugs from my iPod and noticed for myself. So that is why I avoid the treadmill at the gym, and just run on our asphalt at our house. How can I improve, and has this ever happened to you?

Favorite Answer

run at a steady tempo pace (a medium-fast pace run) for 1 min and count how many steps you take. from the sounds of it you take very large strides so you will be around 140 or 145. to be a great runner you have to have 180 strides or more. if you are taking large strides, then try to shorten them. try to land on the balls of your feet. NOT THE HEEL! those are the two main problems people have. YOU HAVE TO TAKE AROUND 180 STRIDES AND YOU HAVE TO LAND ON THE BALLS OF YOUR FEET!

Source(s): runner

Make sure you have the right gap in the plugs. I believe you have the wires on wrong. I'm not sure but I think a Ford is 1,2,3,4 on the passenger side and 5,6,7,8 on the drivers side. Call a dealership and ask them if that is correct. Take the plugs out and roll the engine over till #1 comes up on compression and take the distributor cap off and the rotor will be pointing at #1 and start your firing order from there. If it has a coil pack you'll have to ask the dealer which is #1 because I don't know that answer. Good luck.

just try to imagine running on a cloud. if you run too hard youll die:( also try to pick up your feet more quickly. hope i helped