Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Songkran festival? help!?

Hi, im doing a project on songkran festival. I need to know stuff like songs associated with the festival and why the festival heppens in thailand. I dont know a thing about the festival so does anybody have a good website to look up info.

Favorite Answer

Garrett have you ever tried to goggle anything before. Try it you will find a lot of information on Songkran. I've give you just a little, but it's your assignment not mine. Songkran is the Thai New Year Festival. It's usually starts on the 13 to 15 of April every year. It is also know as the water festival because everyone will be throwing water around and your sure to get wet just walking down a street. It is a big party time and many accidents because of drunk drivers mostly motorcycles.

Source(s): me, living in Thailand