Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are signs of a pedophile?

Google steered me wrong on the spelling, for the first time I asked this question. If a guy is thirty years old and talks to high school girls a lot can that be a sign of a pedophile. they have a daughter and would they maybe hurt her once she is older.

Update:

they are 14 and up... just a little weird and it seems like those are the only time of people he can talk to. they are very immature. One that was not as young has even contacted me and started ****. This scares me for our daughter. I don't know maybe he is a sex offender or something what if he will be one day. Why would a guy keep in contact with so many girls like that and he even kind of does the web cam thing and is an alcoholic. I need to leave him a seriously debating it now. I know he lies about stuff to and I never get straight answers. I catch him contradicting himself. but like I said, worst of all is all the young 14 , 15, 16, 17, and 18 years olds. He talks to 19 20 21 22 year olds to from all over but that is not as weird, I think he maybe has some strange sexual addictions.

Update 2:

who knows, maybe some are younger then fourteen. this is just what I know.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

john's right...

you should seek help now before it's too late...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia (or paedophilia) is defined as a psychiatric disorder in adults or late adolescents (persons age 16 or older) typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 13 years or younger, though onset of puberty may vary). The child must be at least five years younger in the case of adolescent pedophiles (16 or older) to be termed pedophilia.[1][2][3][4] The term has a range of definitions, as found in psychiatry, psychology, the vernacular, and law enforcement

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Signs of a pedophile:

When they do something inappropriate (as small as staring at them too much to actually physically doing stuff) to someone considerably younger than them.

Btw: why is this in the lgbt category?

• 10 years ago

Be wary. Try not to judge people based on what you'd 'think' a pedophile would look like, and instead look at their body language and attitude towards younger people. Don't trust people you don't know. Be safe!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Nope, pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. That's just called creepy, sorry.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No, a pedophile is someone who is interested in pre-pubescent children.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No. A pedophile is someone attracted to pre-pubecent children.

• 10 years ago

How young? If they are in highschool I would say yes. If they are in college I'd say its normal

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No. The child has to be prepubesecent.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes you are well into being one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.