Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

KevBone asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

My dog is about 1 yr. old and has never barked. She's physically fine otherwise, she just does'nt bark. Why ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't know. Sounds like you got lucky.

• jtexas
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

some reasons why dogs bark:

1. to get your attention

2. to alert the neighborhood of something they think is important

3. to warn intruders to keep their distance

4. boredom

5. anxiety

6. to send some kind of message or other to you or other unknown parties

Apparently, your dog has never felt the need to bark.

There's a couple ways to interpret this silence.

1. Maybe, she's a deep thinker, and when she does speak up, the profoundness of her message will drive us all to our knees.

2. Or maybe, she's a loner. I'd keep her away from firearms, just in case. Wouldn't want to be there when she goes postal.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

She might just be a really mellow dog. my dog barks a lot. its mostly a personality thing but if you are really concerned and see that it might be the cause of some health issues you could visit the vet. otherwise i wouldn't worry about it too much. trust me your very lucky if thats just her personality because as much as i love my dog, his barking can get pretty annoying sometimes. :)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Certain breeds of dogs don't bark and some just don't have a reason to bark. She is probably fine.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

just a quiet dog lol

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because it's not a rottweiler

• 10 years ago

don't question it. just thank god every morning for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.