Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

how to get rid of a perm?

i got a perm about a month and a half ago... i thought it would be easy for in the mornings before school but i absolutely hate it! ive put up with it for so long because i thought i would get used to it but i just want my natural or almost my natural hair back... my hair used to be a little but wavy but mostly straight and now its like superr curly(because of the perm. duh)... help please! oh and i would like to damage it as little as possible...

6 Answers

  • Benzin
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can straighten it, it won't burn... But if you want to permanently relax the waves and if your hair isn't damaged, you could try to get it chemically relaxed. Just make sure you get a thio relaxer because if you use a sodium hydroxide relaxer if your hair was permed with ammonium thioglycolate, it will make your hair fall out. It won't ruin your hair or anything, you can do a thio relaxer over a thio perm.

  • 10 years ago

    You can't straighten it, the hair would burn (it's been chemically treated and won't respond to curling irons trying to undo it).

    Sorry, but the only way to get rid of it is to cut it off, or at least cut it shorter. It has to grow out.

  • 10 years ago

    Wash it regularly and don't put a lot of heat on it

  • 10 years ago

    just wait for your hair to grow out.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    Get it wet... or go to a hair salon

  • 10 years ago

    ask you hair dresser for a buzzcut, that will work

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.