? asked in PetsCats · 10 years ago

what is wrong with my animals?!?

im 15 and have had animals all my life. i went to my friends house for the night like i have many times before and came back to mayhem. my moms boyfriends cat is being forcefully lovey. he wont stop, hes being kind of aggressive about it and he is like 13.

and my cat is 2 years old and i have raised him since birth. him and his mother get along great together and he has always been very close to me alone but all of the sudden he is completely terrified of me and flips out when i come within a few steps of him. he is the biggest cat in the house and is always in the highest spots, hes usually not afraid of anything, which means hes pretty much alpha cat because he gets first dibs on everything while the other cats just sit and wait until he is done, whether its food or toys or good sleeping spots.

our dog is on medication that makes him extremely hungry and aggressive with food. not towards me or my mom but everybody else, especially animals.

could my cat be terrified of me because of my dog or something? is my moms boyfriends cat being weird because hes gonna die? he is pretty damn old.

Favorite Answer

sometimes animals can change behavior because there is something wrong. not with you or any body else but maybe the environment around him. give you cat treats to make him get comfortable when you are around him, call him and go at him slowly putting treats a little bit away from you. Also you can try to play with him. does he have a favorite toy? try it little by little.

When the dog gets aggressive, keep him away from the cats so they wont think they are being attacked by a family pet. If all the animals get aggressive it can go wrong so be careful with that.

I think the older cat is just getting to the age where he's a grumpy old cat. if you think there may be something wrong with him, then take him to the vet to get checked out just to be sure nothings wrong with him. good luck!

Source(s): im 15, 5+ yeasr cat owner, my sis is a vet assistant.

animals' behaviors can get erratic when they get older. The cat might be terrified of people because hes just shy, or doesnt feel like being touched. He also might be shedding his hair, or going through mating stress...lots of possibilities.