Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why is the English Bible taken literally with regards to Homosexuals, yet not with contradictions?

I find it confusing how so many people believe their English Bible is without flaw, saying that homosexuals are condemned in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. The term "homosexual" and its definition were coined almost 1800 years after the bible was completed, but some claim the translation of the good book cannot be wrong because it is guided by god and god makes no mistakes. Therefore, the word Homosexual is suppose to be in the bible.

Yet these same "flawless", English books hold contradictions. In LEV 11:13-19 a bat is described, in some books, as a "fowl", which in English means bird (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fowl), and as a bird in other books. We know that a bat is not a bird, it is a mammal that can fly. The contradiction can only be explained by saying the term for which "fowl" was translated USED to mean "flying creature", but that leaves my main question. How can people say the current bible is without fault, thereby condemning homosexuals, when fault can be found.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People use religion to tart up their homophobia so it looks like a sunday school teacher when in fact it's more like a hooker on Sunset.

• 10 years ago

The actual word "homosexual" doesn't appear in the bible until the American bible in 1973. The bible was written by mortals, thus why it is confusing and self contradicting. I would expect a deity to construct something very clear and concise.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Haters looking for some way to justify their hate.

• 10 years ago

Im gunna have to go with "Jadzbian" and say because people are stupid ;D

Source(s): Common Sense!
  • 10 years ago

'Cause people are stupid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.