Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is anal sex safe during pregnancy?

My husband and I have done anal before, but now that I'm 12 weeks pregnant, I want to make sure it's still safe before doing it again.

Favorite Answer

Yes. Normal vaginal sex is also still safe. Just make sure to use lubrication and not be too rough.

Yes, it's safe.

However, many pregnant women develop hemorrhoids later in the pregnancy. So, your husband needs to pay attention and needs to know what to look for. If you have them, or are starting to have them, then it really isn't a good idea.

Source(s): My wife is pregnant and we discussed this with her OBY/GN.
  • Irv S

Unless your OB-GYN tells you otherwise, you can just keep

on 'doin what you been doin' until the last month or so.

Carefully. Bacteria can really hurt your baby if it comes into contact with your vagina.

yeah do it.