Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

can jelloiously ruin a relationship?

i recently went on a girlie hoilday with my friend and we meet up with some boys, we made arrangements to meet up again once we are home. no'one had any form of a relationship with anyone other than frienship which made the hoilday far less complicated and more fun. I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and he is saying i shouldnt go, the more he is saying this the more i want to go. he makes me feel like ive cheated when nothing happened, yes i thought one of the boys was attractive but they all knew i was in a relationship with my boyfriend and thus a frienship grew. This is not the first time me and my boyfriend have had controlling and jelousy issues it really hurts me and he refuses to see it as an issue, what can i do?

Favorite Answer

Jelloiously sounds more like a venereal disease than a relationship destroyer

I think jealousy can ruin a relationship. You will need to ask yourself if this is a one time issue or if he is the jealous type. There is body language and sometimes we are not aware of it. You find one of the guys attractive, most probably your body language and defensiveness toward this meeting can be perceived by your bf. You need to ask yourself if it is worth it, if he is plainly trying to control you or if he might have a point. If it is only friendship why not invite your bf along, if it is only friendship no harm is done, right?

Relationships that involve cheating happens lots of time when you dont expect nothing happens until one day it does. Are you headed this path? Only you can tell.

What goes around comes around? Yep when he has his day out with the ladies you are going to know how he feels. Don't put your relationship up for the test if you really like this guy. Its a no winner. 7 years is a lot of time you put into that relationship and if you know better there is not really a lot of good men out there.

Why didn't you take him or invite him?

If my guy said hey we are going on a guyie holiday and tells me that they met up with some girls, we would be fighting. And to tell me that they were going to meet up again? He is trip-pen.

Sounds like you have a crush on one of the guys anyway and no matter what you are going to do what you do. If you even though he was attractive, you liked him and that is Cheating.

That is not Jealousy that's just wrong.

• dvnt1

It's jealousy. Use the spell checker for chrissakes.

And yes, it can. But you also shouldn't be hanging out with guys that are interested in more than just being friends. It's called being respectful to your partner.

How would you feel if he was hanging out with a chick that he said was just a friend, and went away with her and some others while you stayed home?

• ?

Take him with you to meet them. Being in a relationship, typically you have mutual friends of the opposite sex. What if he was going to hang out with a girl he thought was attractive? Wouldn't that make you uncomfortable?

• Chris

Absolutely, jealous behavior can totally ruin a relationship. Personally I would have been gone about 6yrs and 11 months ago.

• ?

So if this was him meeting a girl he met on holiday

You would be ok about it would you ? I don't think so

I don't think he is being controlling at all

He is just asking you not to go

You said yourself one of them was attractive ?

• rrm38

Absolutely. Jealousy was what ultimately led to the end of my marriage. After several years of being accused of things I wasn't doing and constantly being questioned, I couldn't take it any more.

Its only going to get worse. You should be able to do what you want. If you had so much fun with the other guys and you think one is attractive, maybe you would be better off. You are not married so dumping your bf isn't that big of a deal.

Would you like for your BF to go some where with a bunch of hot women???

Go ahead and be selfish and go but do not be surprise when he dumps you for another women that he met while you were gone!!!

Is Jelloiously like Jelly Fish?