Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 10 years ago

How to copy my mircosoft office cd to a flash drive and boot from it as if it was the cd?

My friend has a Netbook. I bought the family pack of microsoft office so I could install it on 3 computers. The guy at best buy said she could download it from Microsoft and install it without using the disc just using the cd code. Unfortunately this has not worked for us. Instead of buying a external DVD drive can I copy the contents of the Office disc to an old flash drive and boot it from that as if it were just the cd on a flash drive?

Favorite Answer

You can install it on your flash drive and remove the run file. When you plug it in click the setup.exe file and run it.