Alyssa95 asked in SportsOther - Sports · 10 years ago

When you do cheerleading do the coaches teach you how to do stunts?

I'm trying out 4 cheerleading and I want to know do the coaches teach you how to do back hand springs and such or do I have to take tumbling classes

Favorite Answer

the coaches will help you ! once your on the team you may start practicing at a cheer gym witch is great and there alot of help you will be fine just remember to strech first

Source(s): cheer coach

My team didn't it was a plus to have it. I took a tumbling class and now i can do it will a spot but they definitely will teach you how to do group stunts such as half's, full's spin-downs, libs, scorpions(depending upon what level and how old you are)

If you are trying out I think you may impress the coaches with a backhand spring but if you don't have one just make sure you know the motions and can pick up the cheers fast.

*it is possible that they will teach you Its different at every school/ talk to some 2nd year cheerleaders for tips

Gooodluckkkkkk :)

Source(s): cheerleader/tumblerrr