Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Alyssa95 asked in SportsOther - Sports · 10 years ago

When you do cheerleading do the coaches teach you how to do stunts?

I'm trying out 4 cheerleading and I want to know do the coaches teach you how to do back hand springs and such or do I have to take tumbling classes

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the coaches will help you ! once your on the team you may start practicing at a cheer gym witch is great and there alot of help you will be fine just remember to strech first

Source(s): cheer coach
  • 10 years ago

My team didn't it was a plus to have it. I took a tumbling class and now i can do it will a spot but they definitely will teach you how to do group stunts such as half's, full's spin-downs, libs, scorpions(depending upon what level and how old you are)

If you are trying out I think you may impress the coaches with a backhand spring but if you don't have one just make sure you know the motions and can pick up the cheers fast.

*it is possible that they will teach you Its different at every school/ talk to some 2nd year cheerleaders for tips

Gooodluckkkkkk :)

Source(s): cheerleader/tumblerrr
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.