Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

31B Specialist does not want to PCS to Alaska!!!?

I am on orders to PCS to Fort Wainwright, AK on 10 Apr 2012. I do not want it one bit I'm pretty desperate to swap. I hear great things about Alaska but I just don't want to go.

Favorite Answer

Call your branch manager...that is your ONLY hope.

Akio PT at -30F ROCKS!!!! Uh..wait no it doesn't...

Sucks to be you...

Source(s): Me, 22 years in the Army

the only other option than the one bo jangles gave is you must find someone with the exact same rank, job and qualifications as you and near the same retainability and PAY OUT OF POCKET to change them duty stations... there is an AR about it somewhere and there are listings on one army news paper website i dont remember what the program is called

Best bet would be to talk to your branch manager and see if you can get a different assignment but the likelyhood is slim to none.

You are probably screwed.

I am convinced that for everyone who hates their duty station their is another guy who want's it.

Good Luck with branch, I don't think they are very receptive.

• ?

yea outdoor pt would suck in alaska