Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 10 years ago

I want to start writing poems?

Where do I start? How do I do so? Any tips / advice?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Write whats on your mind! It will just come to you! Remember it doesn't always have to rhyme.

My first poem was about someone that I never got along with, and I just wrote my feelings about them, and what they do and it turned into a poem! I've been writing ever since.

Write a poem on love . Best of luck .

• Do you think anything might personal serve as your souce? Do you want to rhyme, or write free verse? VERY BAD example of rhyme:

Roses are red; Violets are blue

I think you love me, And I love you, too.

I prefer free verse....but that's just my style. Any style you like is great, and if you like it, it will be great.

Source(s): Personal poetry journals Published THE SAGE 1977-78; Borah Hish School, Boise ID