Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 10 years ago

Need help cutting out a small detail!?

I am trying to apply a vinyl (Like a skin but not pre-cut) to my laptop. however; there is a alienware logo on the lid of it. As seen here -- http://updatesforu.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/201...

I am trying to cut it out so that the laptop wont show underneath and so the logo wont be covered. I tried cutting it out with the skin over top but it just came out sloppy, So my question is if anybody has advice as to how I should go about cutting it out! THANKSS!(:

Favorite Answer

Yes do exactly what Hyper Dog said but I will add in my two cents. Heat the vinyl first using a hair dryer. That makes it more ply-able to work with. And then cut the form a little smaller than the actual fit. And please be careful of the x-acto knife. Can't tell you how many times I've cut myself with them. Too many to count!

Source(s): experience many times over

If you can press the vinyl into the area between the logo label and the case, you may be able to follow the edge of the label with an X-acto knife.

Once you get some of the vinyl cut, it might be helpful to lift it up slightly so that you can clearly see the edge of the logo in order to follow it. Work slowly to avoid screwing up.