Was the earthquake in Richmond, Virgina felt in Tennessee?

There was an earthquake in Richmond, Virginia today. I know North Carolina felt it. It was my first earthquake. Was it felt in Tennessee?

Favorite Answer

I felt it and i'm in eastern, tn.. tri-cities area. i was just sitting here and the room started lightly shaking. At first I thought I was crazy but then I went on twitter and others in the area and as far as NY were reporting that they felt it. It was my first one as well

Some people don't believe that the quake in VA/WA was felt all the way down in TN...I do admit I felt it...just the slightest rumble for 25-30 sec at most. I was sitting at my desk and I felt my stomach "wiggling"..I looked down and it WAS! IT was the weirdest feeling ever. Kinda like a baby kicking! The coffee in my cup had movement rings. I thought I was going crazy or something! I even got off my chair and checked to see if something was loose!

We felt it in Gainesboro, TN which is in central TN just south of Kentucky

Yes as far as the Ohio river

.

Here watch live

.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/livenow?id=8322232

Did NOT feel it in Southern Middle TN.

it was in ohio, NY, boston, and north Carolina

my first earthquake

Source(s): fox news ( plus i was in it )

I didn't feel it in Nashville.