Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I answer this?

I'm afraid my six year old daughter might ask "Why do I have two moms?" What do I say?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just explain it to her in simple terms.

"Sometimes a woman falls in love with a man. Sometimes a man falls in love with a man. And sometimes a woman falls in love with a woman. That's what happened with your two mommies"

• 10 years ago

For now at six it is not that problematic to respond though at some future time it will be a more sensitive and complicated response she will need to hear.

For now you might she is lucky to have both of you in her life.

• 10 years ago

Just tell her the truth... it's not like you can hide it forever. She should be more accepting the earlier on she hears about it.

• 10 years ago

just tell her that's she's so special to have two mommies and that they both love her so much and there isnt anything wrong with that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.