Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 years ago

How was my bank ATM card overdrawn from multiple locations?

I do not know if my bank has a preset value on the limit on how much money can be withdrawn but I assume it to be $300 in a day. However, I obviously dated the wrong girl and gave her my bank card, her mom took it away from her and made purchases of $300 at one branch, $300 at another branch, and $300 at another branch and $200 at another all in the same day! I could not pursue charges on her because I leant it to her daughter and she would have to testify against her mom, which isn't going to happen. But is there in general a limit at one location and applies to every branch on how much can be withdrawn? I do my banking at Fifth Third.

Favorite Answer

ATM card limits usually only apply to withdrawing cash not making purchases.

I think you are misguided in not pressing charges. These 2 are probably scamming gullible guys like you all over the city. But if you want to be treated as a fool and let them get away with it that's your business.

You are out $1,100

You gave the card out with permission.

Legally the g/f will have to sue her mom and then give you the money

How long did you date this girl? Were you involved in a scam the whole time?

Was this an online girlfriend?

• Ed Fox

Why on earth would anyone give their bank card out? Makes no sense at all.