Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 years ago

How was my bank ATM card overdrawn from multiple locations?

I do not know if my bank has a preset value on the limit on how much money can be withdrawn but I assume it to be $300 in a day. However, I obviously dated the wrong girl and gave her my bank card, her mom took it away from her and made purchases of $300 at one branch, $300 at another branch, and $300 at another branch and $200 at another all in the same day! I could not pursue charges on her because I leant it to her daughter and she would have to testify against her mom, which isn't going to happen. But is there in general a limit at one location and applies to every branch on how much can be withdrawn? I do my banking at Fifth Third.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ATM card limits usually only apply to withdrawing cash not making purchases.

I think you are misguided in not pressing charges. These 2 are probably scamming gullible guys like you all over the city. But if you want to be treated as a fool and let them get away with it that's your business.

• 10 years ago

You are out $1,100

You gave the card out with permission.

Legally the g/f will have to sue her mom and then give you the money

How long did you date this girl? Were you involved in a scam the whole time?

Was this an online girlfriend?

• Ed Fox
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Why on earth would anyone give their bank card out? Makes no sense at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.