Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 10 years ago

Does it hurt to get your lip pierced?

I'm getting my lip pieced for skool and Im a lil worried on how much its going to hurt and can u change the piecing if yuhh want to????

Favorite Answer

Only one way to find out. And I have never heard of piercings being a requirement for any school.

I think you should re-think your choice of educational institutions.

Lol people on here say stupid answers. But no it really doesn't hurt just for a little bit. I have had mine done several times! For real it doesn't hurt as bad as you'd think. My nose piercing hurt worse than my lip lol. You are supposed to keep the lip ring in for a couple weeks or something like that, they'll tell you then you can change it as much as you want to. I didn't wait to change mine, I changed it the next day and it didn't get infected, but I'm really good at cleaning it like I need to. Good luck =] Oh and no you don't need to take vitamins after you get it done...That's so stupid. ha

Source(s): Lip piercing, nose, belly, lobes, and cartilage and a tattoo =]

Lip piercings are a great way to show personal style and make a statement. It's important to know how to properly care for a lip piercing so infection does not set in. You just need to follow a few easy steps to keep your lips healthy after a piercing.

Difficulty: Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need

Saline solution

Multivitamin

Mouthwash

Antibacterial soap

Salt water

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

1

Take Vitamins C, B and Zinc supplements a few months prior to getting your lip piercing to help your body prepare for the healing process.

2

Clean your lip piercing 2 to 3 times per day using saline solution. Use a cotton swab to help remove buildup around the piercing, then try to place a few drops of solution into the hole.

3

Maintain good oral hygiene when you care for a new lip piercing. Brush and floss your teeth twice daily and rinse with mouth wash each time. Rinse with saltwater to help the healing process.

4

Use antibacterial soap while in the shower to clean your face and lip area.

5

Wash your lip jewelry. Since you can't remove jewelry during the healing process you will need to clean it while it is in your lip. Use soap and warm water, lather up the jewelry with your fingertip then rinse it. Gently turn your piercing then lather and rinse again...

Tips & Warnings

The human mouth is very effective in fighting off infection so you will be less likely to experience an infection with an oral piercing than with other body piercings.

Be diligent and patient when you take care of the piercing. Most lip piercings take approximately 10 days to heal.

Monitor the piercing for infection when you care for a lip piercing. Some swelling, redness, soreness and bleeding is normal, but if you experience unusual pain or swelling see your doctor.

If you develop an infection, contact your doctor and do not remove your lip jewelry. If you remove your jewelry the piercing may close and trap the infection.

It depends on your skin. If your skin can take it it won't hurt that much and if it can't then it might hurt a bit. If you want to find out pinch your self on the lip as hard as you can and thats how its going to hurt exept maybe more or less pain. Remember all the pain goes away later and you will be used to it. I think you can change the peircing if you want but you have to wait. Hope this helps!

Yes you can change the piercing but not right away and chances are it is most likely going to hurt unless you are really tough and use to similar pain..

I haven't had it done, neither would I want to but I am pretty sure it would hurt. A lot more than your ears. Does your school allow lip piercings, I don't know about you but at my school they would tell me to remove it straight away.

it does hurt a bit but it goes away in like 4 minutes. try taking motrin a half an hour before you get it does so it will take care of the pain fast. hope this helps :)

• ?

So - that's putting a steel rod through your lip? Na - I doubt that would hurt.

• gw

I would assume it would, but they may give you an anesthetic first...

.