Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Which weapOn is better:a Bo staff or a pair of nunchakus?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What's better, a hammer or a mallet?

Neither is better, they are used for different things.

Source(s): my brain ;)
  • Byron
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

If the state you live in has declared nunchakus to be illegal, then why would you bother learning to use that weapon aside from keeping the art alive and perhaps working on your coordination? I live in California, so working with something like a cane, kubotan, or folding knife that I can actually carry with me seems the more practical choice. In addition, improvised weapons like brooms, umbrellas, rolled up magazines, flashlights, pens, etc. seem to fall more into the stick category than the "two sticks tied together with a chain or rope" category, so even if you are not carrying a weapon you would be more proficient in a pinch with one of these other things.

Just one man's opinion. The nunchakus are very powerful and I am in no way attempting to downplay their effectiveness as a weapon.

• 10 years ago

This would all depend on what you plan on doing with the weapon.

And your training with the weapon. For someone not so advanced I would recommend bo staff.

It's easier to start with and your less likely to hit yourself with it.

Source(s): Train with both nunchaku and a bo staff.
  • 10 years ago

I like the bo better but that is an opinion based on my experience and training

edited due to an idiotic spelling error

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Depends, in close range nunchucks have the upper hand, in long range the bo staff has the upper hand, medium range either can have the upper hand

• Ymir
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

First you need the original weapon, a human brain. Then you can attach upgrades.

• Kokoro
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

a weapon is only an extension of your body

until you learn to use it as part of your body and understand how it works both could be equally useless or useful

Source(s): 30yrs ma
  • 10 years ago

I would say bo staff

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.