Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 years ago

my girlfriend just got pregnant should i stay or should i leave?

i just bought a condo like four hours away from her and what do ya know shes preganant. shes only 20 and i think im gonna leave but if i do she ll have to live with her mom. i have a whole different life set up for me though if i leave i have another girlfriend and im closer to my family and my other daughter but if i leave ill never be able to see my baby cause my gilfriend will have moved far away to her moms house

• ?
    Favorite Answer

2 hours ago you were on your honeymoon and thought your husband was cheating on you. If youre gonna troll you should probably make your recent activity private. Get a hobby and stop wasting peoples time...

Sounds like you are in a pinch. Look at the big picture; what is the most important thing here? I don't think you love your girlfriend and you need to break it off. If you can't be a part of your future child's life then maybe you should give your girlfriend full custody, pay her child support and let it go. You don't sound like you even want to try (or you would not be asking this question) Four hours is not that far and if you really want to be a part of this babies life then you would find the time to do it. Why can't you take a couple days during the month to go visit your kid? Did you make time visit your daughter? Wasn't she 4 hours away? See what I'm getting at here?

If its YOUR baby why would you leave her? thats your and her responsibility so if you love her move her in with you! and if you dont love her and your thinking of leaving her, having another girlfriend, and moving 4 hours away then you two need to talk about a plan b or make it work with the two of you... be a man not a coward.

Being pregnant is hard enough, trust me I'm 32 weeks pregnant. But doing it alone makes it so much harder. Try your best to stay with her, and comfort her when she needs it. If things don't work out, it is what it is. Just please don't leave her to do it alone. I'm going through it all now, yeah I'm surviving it, but it would be a lot easier with partners support. She can't just up and leave her baby, but guys can just stick their dick in and be done with it? It's not right, not to mention the guy can still live the same life style and the girl has to change hers.completely. its not fair at all.

Source(s): Experience

So you have 2 girlfriend or what was that about you will have another girl friend if you move? So it sounds like you just plan on leaving her? I would talk to your girlfriend and ask her what she would like to do! I would stick by her it the least that you could do think about all the things she has to go through now!

So, you have a daughter already, you have this girl pregnant, AND you already have a new girlfriend in your new town? I'd say GO. Actually move further. Its probably the best thing you could do for her, to stay far away. Clearly you don't care about her if you're already planning on moving away and have a new girlfriend.

You knocked her up.. You should probably be a real man and stay. Unless you guys weren't getting along or something before, having a baby is a reason to stay. Why would you up and leave her because of a mistake you both made? You should let her move with you and love your family. Grow upppp!

You sound like a real scumbag. You have another girlfriend? Just leave this girl so she can find a better man. But don't forget SHE CAN GET CHILD SUPPORT. and if you don't pay up, you can bet your wages will be garnished! AND if you're not paying child support, you can forget law school, med school, most universities, etc. You can also lose your parental rights if you choose not to pay your child support.. which I bet you're the type to not pay child support since you're a cheating low life.

This sounds like it may be a joke, because it sounds so awful, but there are unfortunately guys like you in existence so I will answer your question. Pay her child support for not being able to keep em zipped', and leave her so she can eventually find someone MUCH better than you that will treat her right.

You aren't doing the child any favors staying in a loveless relationship. The child will grow up with resentment and have difficulty in its own relationships. A child learns how to treat its partner by watching how their parents treat eachother whether it be parent and step parent, parent and parent, or adopted parents.