Sky
Sky asked in PetsFish · 10 years ago

African dwarf frog question?

Right now I have a male betta at 2.5 years with an African dwarf frog in a ten gallon tank. I read somewhere that the frogs are social and should be in groups? If so, how many? The betta and frog get along very very well, there are hiding spots, heater, filter, etc.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Groups of 2 usually work well. You could get another frog, but it would still live happily just with the betta.

I have heard otherwise, frogs can be kept singular.

If you do plan on getting some more African Dwarf Frog's make sure you get 1 per 2 gallons.

if you do get two frogs,don't get a boy and a girl. because the Betta will eat the eggs.

Source(s): it happened to me