Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Extremely dry lips? Help?

My lips are EXTREMELY chapped and dry. The dry rough skin is stickin off my lips;( they are REALLY rough! I trued EOS lip balm and i think i may of had a reaction to it because now they are even worse! Any home remedies or anything? Vaseline doesnt work that great for me:(

Favorite Answer

Nivea chap stick, nuff said

I have the same problem!! Go to www.lushusa.com. This store is all natural, and it works super fast and well. To get off the rough skin, look at the Sugar Scrubs. You rub them on your lips with your fingers, then you lick it off (they are edible!!!). They come in 3 flavors: Sweet Lips (chocolate and vanilla), Bubblegum, and Mint Juleps (chocolate mint). The Sweet lips is my favorite!! However, the lip scrub is a little pricey- but there's a lot in the little container and it works really well and tastes good :) After you use your sugar scrub, I would highly suggest using a high-quality, all natural chapstick. Try Burt's Bees (the flavors are mango, acai berry, pomegranate, honey, and regular, which is peppermint.). Also, the website where you can get the sugar scrub also has lip balms. They come in little tins, and they last me at least 6 months, so it's worth the price! The flavors they come in are Honey trap (honey), Whip Stick (my fave- chocolate!), Lip service (beeswax), and None of your beeswax (honey & vanilla- plus its vegan). Also 2 chapsticks (It all Started with a Kiss- toffee apple, and Double Choc-chocolate) are lip tints. The All Started w/ a kiss one makes ur lips a pretty red, and the Double Choc gives ur lips a bronze sheen. Hope this helps, and good luck with your lips!!

Source(s): Experience!! :)
  • Chapped lips are unpleasant. Especially when you don't have Chap Stick. Your lips slowly burn, you lick them looking for relief and then a moment later they are burning again. Not to mention one can spend a small fortune on Chap Stick, as those little tubes just seem to disappear. Here's how to get rid of chapped lips without lip balm.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need

Margarine (unsalted)

Warm water

Clean towel

Rinsed toothbrush

1

Place a small amount of margarine on your toothbrush and then bring it to your lips. (If you don't have margarine and are really in a pinch, use warm water.)

2

Rub the toothbrush against your lips. Don't be too rough. Your goal here is merely to exfoliate dead skin. Rubbing in circular motions tends to help.

3

Dampen the clean towel with warm water and wipe your lips in one direction.

4

Hold the clean towel against your lips. Once you've wiped, you want to hold that towel against your lips for 20 to 30 seconds. This will re-seal the moisture of your lips.

5

Add a layer of unsalted margarine to complete the process of getting rid of chapped lips without using lip balm.

Tips & Warnings

Keep tubes of Chap Stick in your bathroom, car, purse, by the nightstand and in your school bag or office. That way you'll never be caught with terribly chapped lips again. You'll always have lip balm.

Cure chapped lips before they bleed. Once they bleed, you need to apply a disinfectant and wait for them to scab...

I use burts bees every night before I go to bed and in the morning, I also carry a yankee candle lip balm around during the day. Softlips also works really well- i like the cherry flavor...

take a dry toothbrush and scrub them. dont go mad and brush really hard, but take as long as you need. do it for a few minutes and mousterise. carmex is good, and anything medicated. normal facial mousteriser does the job, and so does body, as it is stronger. keep hydrated, and brush as often as you need. right now, brush, and again in about half an hour, and so on, but not to much today.

oh ouch, yeah, it might be because of dehydration so drink as much water as you can

ALSO, when i went to camp in the winter, my lips were so chapped, they looked like they were like about to bleed :S so i used this medical chap stick called "Blistex Lip Medex"

it TOTALLY works. u can get it at any drug store :) good luck!

Try blamtastic lip balm, it is for kids but it works so good!!!

You could be dehydrated. Drink a lot of liquids, especially water. Try beeswax lipbalm, its really good.

i have a post on my blog about chapped lips! you should check it out, it works everytime! <3

http://missbeautylicious101.blogspot.com/

I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too

http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Colour-your-lip.ph...

http://www.faqstore.com/question-how-to-get-pink-l...