Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEarth Sciences & Geology · 10 years ago

Was New Jersey just struck by an Earthquake?

My whole house just shook so did my neighbors and every one else's Was New Jersey struck by a light earthquake?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am in Boston and it sure rattled this old building. It was at 1:53 and went on for about 3 minutes.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I would have to say yes.

Although I've looked for the information via the National Earthquake Center and it only shows VA being hit by a 5.8 and does not list New Jersey as being within that distance. I beg to differ! I never felt anything like that. BTW I'm in Freehold

• 10 years ago

Yes, I felt it in Woodbridge NJ. Whole house rocked for at least 20-30 seconds. They report it was centered in Virginia. No cell service to my family in the DC area right now. Probably overwhelming the cell service. They report that they are evacuating the Pentagon and Capital right now.

• 10 years ago

Yep. Only cause Virginia was struck by a 5.8 magnitude earthquake.

Source(s): I live in Jersey.
  • 10 years ago

Yes it was all over the state. My husbands car was stopped at a light and it was rocking. People were standing outside office bldgs on cell phones!

• 10 years ago

There was a 6.0 earthquake in DC this afternoon

Source(s): ..
  • 10 years ago

Pretty freaky!! Never felt one before! My whole house shook! I'm in West Milford, NJ.

• 10 years ago

My son and daughter are visiting Grandma in Toms River and called me. We live in Los Angeles, wasn't really a big deal for them.

• 10 years ago

Jes. Terrorists did it to Jew Jersey. San Francisco

• 10 years ago

Yes our building felt in Oakhurst. All the other offices evacuated. Not ours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.