Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did anyone just feel that?

Anyone in Like New York? That earthquake? ANYONE?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I never felt a earthquake in NYC ever!!! my plate were shaking.

• 10 years ago

Hello from Tokyo, Japan. I woke up in the middle of the night and watched CNN. I was surprised to hear there was an earthquake on the East Coast of the U.S. Upon hearing the earthquake news two things came to my mind one was nuclear reactors and a tsunami. This was an earthquake that happened in the inland so probably no worries about tsunamis but nuclear reactor? I'm wondering if there are any reports about nuclear reactors getting damages. Any reports about nuclear reactors? Of course I experienced the earthquake in Japan in March that was something.

• 10 years ago

National Situation Update: Tuesday, August 23 ...

National Situation Update: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 ... The USGS reports that a Magnitude 5.3 earthquake occurred on Tuesday, August 23, at 1:46 a.m. EDT approximately ...

www.fema.gov/emergency/reports/2011/nat082311.shtm

• 10 years ago

Yes it was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake. It hit NC around 1:55pm on 8/23/11 and proceeded to move up the east coast.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I thought I was feeling an earthquake a little before 2:00 today and I live in northeast indiana. I was sitting on the bed and felt it slightly shaking and was hoping that it was not my imagination.

• 10 years ago

Yes, and I live in Southeast Michigan. Had a tremble that lasted about 5-10 seconds.

• 10 years ago

Kay, everyone keeps talking about an earthquake but I didn't feel anything!!

• 10 years ago

Yes

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Hi

fron Bronx New York

Honestly

i felt it but i was taking nap at the

time i thought i felt 2 of them

Source(s): 5.24pm- i'm eating a Fortune cookie now it Satys Come Back Later... I am sleeping (Yes fortune cookies need their sleep too..
  • 10 years ago

yes! i felt it! i was using my computer and then i felt my computer table shaking and my body also. i thought i was hallucinating but guess it was an earthquake o_o lasted for about 10 seconds

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.