An earthquake in northern va today?

What caused the small earthquake in va today?Are we supposed to have another?

Favorite Answer

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus...

That was a pretty big jolt and very shallow. There is no way to know if there will be others, but usually the first one is "the big one". I would not worry too much.

I live just a few miles from the epicenter. It was the scariest thing. Seismologists confirmed that the big "aftershock" early Thursday morning was in fact another earthquake. We face the possibility of feeling aftershocks for the next few weeks, but I feel like they're over (I sure hope so). But, there is a fault line in Virginia.

Yes! I am here in Lorton, VA, and felt the building shaking around 2pm. It appears that the phone lines are down as well. I also found this: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww... Looks like a 5.9 so far.

I live 4 hours south of where it hit and it was a 6.0 Earthquake. It shook my entire house and made things fall. It was scary. Everyone ran out into the streets screaming. Reason for quake is still undetermined but if someone finds out the cause or hears of more to come in my area, Please Let Me Know! Thank you!

Everyone Stay Safe!

Source(s): Experience and TV

Yes Hit washington Dc Boston and NYC Felt as well 6.0

Source(s): TV internet

I'm in Ottawa, Canada and I felt something here too, was talking to someone in NC and they felt something at the same time. Big one somewhere.

Im in charleston WV I was in school and the building started to shake they said that there could be some aftershocks

I felt it here about 10 minutes ago. I thought it was a really big truck shaking our building

We felt it in Ontario, Canada and our building swayed 3 times..really scary

I FELT IT HERE IN VA BEACH AS WELL AT INMOTIONHOSTING.COM HEADQUARTERS crazy!