Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

An earthquake in northern va today?

What caused the small earthquake in va today?Are we supposed to have another?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus...

That was a pretty big jolt and very shallow. There is no way to know if there will be others, but usually the first one is "the big one". I would not worry too much.

• 10 years ago

I live just a few miles from the epicenter. It was the scariest thing. Seismologists confirmed that the big "aftershock" early Thursday morning was in fact another earthquake. We face the possibility of feeling aftershocks for the next few weeks, but I feel like they're over (I sure hope so). But, there is a fault line in Virginia.

• 10 years ago

Yes! I am here in Lorton, VA, and felt the building shaking around 2pm. It appears that the phone lines are down as well. I also found this: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww... Looks like a 5.9 so far.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I live 4 hours south of where it hit and it was a 6.0 Earthquake. It shook my entire house and made things fall. It was scary. Everyone ran out into the streets screaming. Reason for quake is still undetermined but if someone finds out the cause or hears of more to come in my area, Please Let Me Know! Thank you!

Everyone Stay Safe!

Source(s): Experience and TV
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes Hit washington Dc Boston and NYC Felt as well 6.0

Source(s): TV internet
  • 10 years ago

I'm in Ottawa, Canada and I felt something here too, was talking to someone in NC and they felt something at the same time. Big one somewhere.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Im in charleston WV I was in school and the building started to shake they said that there could be some aftershocks

• 10 years ago

I felt it here about 10 minutes ago. I thought it was a really big truck shaking our building

• 10 years ago

We felt it in Ontario, Canada and our building swayed 3 times..really scary

• 10 years ago

I FELT IT HERE IN VA BEACH AS WELL AT INMOTIONHOSTING.COM HEADQUARTERS crazy!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.