Oh my god! Was this an earthquake!?

So I'm home alone. My dad came home a few min ago on his lunch break and while he fell asleep watching tv i was on the computer when all of a sudden the whole house shook! I'm really scared. I felt the walls move and the floor shook. if this was a quake it was gentle! Nothing fell or anything. I ran into the family room to ask if my dad felt it and he said yeah and he started looking around the house. We also live by a highway in our small town but it couldn't have been a large truck or anything because usually we can hear them and nothing has ever shook the whole house like that. My dad left to go back to work but I'm scared being home alone, was this an earthquake!?

P.S. I live in Northeaster Pennsylvania 40min away from Scranton in a small town called Dallas its a suburb before you drive into wilkesbarre.

Update:

I just added that P.S part of where I live because i heard on the news we might get a hurricane so i was wondering if it had anything to do with that, I've never experienced a natural disater before except a flood. Also I just asked my neighbors and they said they felt their houses shake as well.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yup. Im from North Carolina and I felt it. I've never experienced anything like that. Haha.

• Woman
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I felt it. It was really tiny though, I hardly noticed, but I noticed my lamp shaking back and forth.

I was scared it was going to get more violent, I was about to exit the house screaming like a girl.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yea there was a huge earthquake here

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah i felt it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

probz

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.