Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Put money in bank or be an entrepreneur?

I have $800 in a bank account. I am a 15 year old drum set players. My options right now are to put the $800 in some bank thing that will make me barely anything a year OR I could take out the $800 in cash and buy drum sets off of craigslist's, refurnish, then sell for more. I am having trouble deciding which to do. I am confident ion my ability to make money off of the drum sets, however if I make one bad sale or one mistake during a refurnishing job, I could lose it all just like that. However, because this option is more risky, it is also MUCH more rewarding. I recently purchased a drum set for 400 than I am now selling for 600 and I have several potential buyers looking into it. Any suggestions on what to do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Be an entrepreneur and put your idea to the test. Even if you lose everything, at the end of the day it's only $800 and since you're super young, you have a lifetime to earn more money to try again.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Be an entrepreneur and put your idea to the test. Even if you lose everything, at the end of the day it's only $800 and since you're super young, you have a lifetime to earn more money to try again.

• 10 years ago

If you think that the feasibility of selling them is easy than without hesitation you can invest them in the drums business, but if you think that is going to be a tough nut to crack. My advice to you is to spend partially on your business and save the rest.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I'd take your $800 and buy toothpaste, shampoo, etc....from the dollar store. Its your best bet to make money off inflation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Invest your business

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.