Which of these places should I go in southern France?

I only have two days in which I can drive from Lyon to Frejus, France and then back before driving back to Germany. I am spending a night in Lyon and will have a few hours there that afternoon. The next morning, I will drive toward Frejus where I spend another night. I am trying to figure out if I should... show more I only have two days in which I can drive from Lyon to Frejus, France and then back before driving back to Germany.

I am spending a night in Lyon and will have a few hours there that afternoon.

The next morning, I will drive toward Frejus where I spend another night.

I am trying to figure out if I should see the Pont du Garde aqueduct, Arles, Nimes, Aix en Provence, or take a ferry to the islands of the Hyeres. I know I have to choose one or two sites to see.

Alternately, I will be driving back to Lyon and need to figure out what route to take.

I am not sure what to choose to see for an hour or two at a time, en route.

I realize I have to pick like one or two things en route to Frejus and then one or two things on the way back, en route to Lyon.

I can drive all day but do not like driving at night that much.

I will also have my dog with me, so I probably will just see the outside of things.

I was possibly considering driving through Nice and to Monaco and then heading north to Lyon the second day.

Also, is it worth just driving along the coast, if that is all I do on the second day??

And if so, are there places to pull off to see the view of the water at all??

I have only been to Paris so far, and this is my first time in southern France.

I am from the US and have only driven in Germany so far.