I bought a sony led tv, it has digital out, i need to plug in my speaker system to that with 3.5" jack?

I bought a sony led tv, it has a digital out(optical), i need to plug in my speaker (with 3.5" jack input) system to that!

is there some kind of converter?

i have creative inspire 4.1 speaker system. It has its own power supply!

Favorite Answer

Your tv only has an optical audio output, which has to be connected to a receiver or a home theater in a box with an optical audio input. This signal is a digital signal that has to be decoded by a Dolby Digital decoder for surround sound. Most tv today does not offer a headphone jack at all. Some sound bars do offer an optical audio input for you to connect it to the tv. TV does not offer a speaker terminal for you to connect a speaker to the tv, it does not have the power to drive any speakers. Hope this will help you out.

Uhm.. a 3.5" jack is not generic. It sounds like you have some computer speakers.

Are these speakers self powered? If not - you have 2 problems:

* Digital out does not contain any power. It is information only. You need an amplifier to add WATTS of power to run speakers.

* Digital out contains 6 speakers worth of sound. Do you have 6 separate speakers (5 normal speakers and a sub)? If not you need some sort of a processor that decodes the digital signal into 6 speakers worth of analog signals.

See the problems?

You need a Dolby Digital AV Receiver and a 'normal' set of speakers. Not computer speakers, not cheap plastic speakers left over from a $199 so-called 'system'.

Your other alternative is a "SoundBar". This is an array of speakers in a single enclosure with a built-in amp and a single optical input. It mimics a 5.1 speaker system. Go to BestBuy and ask to see them. WARNING: Not all of the soundbars accept optical so look for this.

Hope this helps.

purchase the equipment, you will LOVE the diff additionally thinking feeding music on your new encompass sound sytem, obtainable with your television, out of your computing device! AND we are changing to HD purely broadcastds in Feb 09--->make confident new television is desperate up for that(((amd i'd even insist it has a VGA jack, so which you would be able to feed movies out of your computing device to it too((ie, shop all your moviecollection on an exterior difficult stress, so which you would be able to easily leaf by using a menu, click on one and hit play, advance action picture! (and with encompass sound LIKE A THEATRE (advance advance) properly, a minimum of that's what i'm doing-- i admire theory of having no actual cd's and dvd's to ought to shop and turn by using automatic storage enables me to apply seek and get prompt consequences and then i will circulate to wikipedia for each music cd I %. from my menu it fairly is basically a lot extra powerful to have your television like a huge distant computing device show screen out interior the front room--->area of it. and that i individually beleive surroundf sound is unbeatable for letting you pay attention a gunshot at the back of you, glass breaking in front of you, footsteps all around - you comprehend, that result's what 'encompass' is for ...and IIIIIT's BEATIFUL yet this is me, and u ought to get use out of recent speakrs basically offered this is likewise large. So there you circulate! ;)

Yes, there are, here's one a friend of mine just bought on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Audio-Analog-Convert...