What is steam? (things that lets you download games)?

I heard from a couple of people about steam what is the actual web site for it and what is it and can i download the witcher 1 or 2 for mac on there i have an imac with snow leopard

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Rocky
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

steam is a website + application + community for online gamers.

the website is where you can download steam.

the application has a friend chat system and lets you connect to a store that allows you to buy games online.

the games you buy online are permanently added to your steam account you must make to log in to steam. The games are added to your account right after purchase.

I should also mention that steam also have great sales. Especially on the weekends and holidays.

you can also download demos and join game groups and a forum to talk about games.

if you play online games you should try it

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

It's a game download software and interface made by VALVe (The guys who made Half-Life, Portal and Team Fortress)

It recently was released for Macs, it's completely free and it helps a lot when searching and buying games. If you want a game, that's your best bet. But, as a bonus, I searched to see if "The Witcher" was on steam, It is, however, It's not for mac :(

The official website is www.steampowered.com , you have to make an account and download the software. It's free, by the way (not the game, steam)

• douse
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

easiest ingredient to do is to uninstall retail version of W@W b4 you purchase on steam. Steam provides you with a clean patched as much as this point version, and that they have been given the final fees i think of!

• 9 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.