How can I stage a hipster intervention without driving someone farther into the lifestyle?

I discovered that my best friend has secretly been listening to Grizzly Bear and she bought a bunch of skinny jeans at the mall. I can't go to her parents because they would probably kick her out. Should I talk to the school nurse or a trusted teacher?

Do you think she could stop if she really wanted to or is it beyond her control?

Maybe if I played good music around her all the time she would become normal again? Any band suggestions to turn her from the dark side?

@National...I'm not cruel. I'm concerned. She's been asking her mom to get all these different flavors of tea. All that caffeine is bad for you.

Favorite Answer

that's good! I'm definitely taking a screenshot of this. haha.

p.s. I sure hope you are not seriously concerned. you might as well tell her you hate her. that usually helps!

Cheers! :D

Source(s): i love hipsters >:)
  • Norkle

.......lol. If you do find a cure for hipsteritis, can you tell me? I think I may need it.

Try playing some Lady Gaga. If she says that she doesn't like her, she's crap, ect., she's still saveable. If she says anything about how avante-garde/ misunderstood her music is, she's a lost cause. Also, steal her Grizzly Bear cds. I mean....borrow them. And hide them. And never give them back. Maybe deprivation can stop the chronic advance of hipsteritis.

• David

The irony would be if she were to describe you in much the same light to other friends: "Yeah, Simone's really cool, but man... that music she listens to, those clothes... it can all be a bit much to bear..."

@ Alan Clark: While it's abundantly clear that your intellect far exceeds Simone's and, I should think, the intellect of 99.4% of the people you encounter, it's still rather uncouth of you to flaunt it. I think I speak for everyone present in proclaiming it's hard enough to live in your shadow without your cruelly rubbing our faces in it.

OMG. Am I that friend? Because I love Grizzly Bear and I wear skinny jeans.......:/

Grizzly Bear is cool, what is your definition of "good music"?

In a subtle way, make it seem like all of her interests are just "normal" and not unique or interesting at all.

Be all like, "It's me, or those skinny jeans,GURRL!" >insert intense music + setting here<

Source(s): MY SQUIRREL IS FATTER THAN YOUR BEAR.
  • don't forget your black outer ware. Bob your head practice time.http://www.youtube.com/user/buggadugg?feature=mhee...

Simone, Simone...... first those poor flutists and now these unwanted hipsters!? Please simone, tell me how you can be so cruel?

are you really as stupid as you sound.leave her alone.My god