How can I stage a hipster intervention without driving someone farther into the lifestyle?

I discovered that my best friend has secretly been listening to Grizzly Bear and she bought a bunch of skinny jeans at the mall. I can't go to her parents because they would probably kick her out. Should I talk to the school nurse or a trusted teacher?

Do you think she could stop if she really wanted to or is it beyond her control?

Maybe if I played good music around her all the time she would become normal again? Any band suggestions to turn her from the dark side?

Update:

@National...I'm not cruel. I'm concerned. She's been asking her mom to get all these different flavors of tea. All that caffeine is bad for you.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

that's good! I'm definitely taking a screenshot of this. haha.

p.s. I sure hope you are not seriously concerned. you might as well tell her you hate her. that usually helps!

Cheers! :D

Source(s): i love hipsters >:)
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Norkle
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

.......lol. If you do find a cure for hipsteritis, can you tell me? I think I may need it.

Try playing some Lady Gaga. If she says that she doesn't like her, she's crap, ect., she's still saveable. If she says anything about how avante-garde/ misunderstood her music is, she's a lost cause. Also, steal her Grizzly Bear cds. I mean....borrow them. And hide them. And never give them back. Maybe deprivation can stop the chronic advance of hipsteritis.

• David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The irony would be if she were to describe you in much the same light to other friends: "Yeah, Simone's really cool, but man... that music she listens to, those clothes... it can all be a bit much to bear..."

@ Alan Clark: While it's abundantly clear that your intellect far exceeds Simone's and, I should think, the intellect of 99.4% of the people you encounter, it's still rather uncouth of you to flaunt it. I think I speak for everyone present in proclaiming it's hard enough to live in your shadow without your cruelly rubbing our faces in it.

• 9 years ago

OMG. Am I that friend? Because I love Grizzly Bear and I wear skinny jeans.......:/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Grizzly Bear is cool, what is your definition of "good music"?

• 9 years ago

In a subtle way, make it seem like all of her interests are just "normal" and not unique or interesting at all.

• 9 years ago

Be all like, "It's me, or those skinny jeans,GURRL!" >insert intense music + setting here<

Source(s): MY SQUIRREL IS FATTER THAN YOUR BEAR.
  • don't forget your black outer ware. Bob your head practice time.http://www.youtube.com/user/buggadugg?feature=mhee...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Simone, Simone...... first those poor flutists and now these unwanted hipsters!? Please simone, tell me how you can be so cruel?

• 9 years ago

are you really as stupid as you sound.leave her alone.My god

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.