chronic yeast infections from antibiotics for six months?

ive been having chronic yeast infections for six months, have been on NUMEROUS percriptions of Diflucan, havie tried the monistat and clotrimazole vaginal cream and chaging my diet...but nothing and i mean nothing seems to work (for a while, anyways). when it DOES go away, i get relief for maybe three days and then it comes back worse than before.

this alll started after getting off antibiotics in february. since then i've been on antibiotics two more times for a throat infection, i've NEVER had yeast infections before being on antibiotics, NEVER.

this is driving me nuts, its taking over my life, its all i think about and i feel so helpless..

my gynecologist just gives me diflucan when i tell her i have a yeast infection, she never really takes it seriously and my doctor is does the same thing. i saw a ENT about the oral thrush that i thought i had and she recommend i see a infectious disease specialist. what could i possibly get out of that visit. ? im afraid i'll get tested thoroughly for things, and still just have diflucan thrown at me again. im afraid that taking too much of that in the long run will seriously harm my system since it has flouride in it (i've heard)......help please. !

Favorite Answer

I mentioned this in another answer, thought it may help you...

Yeast infections can be controlled by a healthy diet and behavioral changes in your lifestyle.

•Take control of your diet by preparing most of your food yourself

•Eat nutrient-rich, organic (not processed) whole foods.

Optimize your intake of essential-fatty-acid rich food sources through the use of healing fats and oils.

•Eat a wide variety of foods

•Drink plenty of water. Drink half your body weight in ounces (for example if you weigh 120 lbs, you should drink at least 60 ounces of water).

•Drug use, alcohol consumption and smoking lower your immunity – so avoid them (I’m not saying you have to be a teetotaler but moderate!)

•Exercise regularly (it’s amazing how this can help with a whole host of ailments)

•Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep

•Meditate to help rid yourself of emotional and physical stress (try some yoga!)

•Avoid antibiotics like the plague if at all possible. These culprits can promote yeast infections

•Avoid birth control pills if you can as they promote the overgrowth of candida which causes yeast infections

However, the best way to cope with a yeast infection is to get rid of for good - check the link in my resources.

Actually, antibiotics often cause yeast infections. The reason you get a yeast infection after using antibiotics is because antibiotics kill all bacteria in the body, both the bacteria (the ones that you took antibiotics to get rid of) and the good bacteria (the ones that help your body fight off yeast infections). As a result the yeast is left to grow without any good bacteria to ward it off. Many people take OTC creams like monistat to treat the yeast infection, but often times that only temporarily fix the problem. More often than not you'll just end up with a reoccuring yeast infection. The best way to stop it permanently is to re-establish your body's balance of good bacteria and yeast.

Personally I think the best approach is the natural way. Basically the reason you have a yeast infection is because there's an imbalance in your body. A healthy person has a balance between the yeast in their body and the good bacteria in their body.

Too much yeast, you have a yeast infection. Too much bacteria, you have a bacterial infection.

So, when you have a yeast infection you essentially have too much yeast in your body. The natural way to treat it and bring back that balance is to starve the yeast and introduce more good bacteria into your body.

Oh and BTW - That's why you often get relief from using the over the counter meds temporarily, and then the yeast infection comes back. The creams aren't changing the source of the problem. They are just killing the yeast they come in contact with, and not balancing the yeast/bacteria in your body and actually sometimes end up making things a lot worse.

Oh BTW2 - That's also why many times you'll get a yeast infection after using antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all the bacteria in your body, the good and the bad. When that happens the balance between the yeast and good bacteria is off once again and you get a yeast infection.

Things you can add to your diet (to help promote good bacteria) are live yogurt cultures (or take Acidophilus), plenty of water, fresh vegetables, lots of protein rich foods, whey protein, raw garlic, nuts, seeds, oils, millet, rice and oat brans.

Things you should remove from your diet (to starve the yeast) are all sodas, sugars, fruit, fermented foods, foods containing white flour, alcohol (especially beer), antacids and any product that has yeast or mold.

You can change your diet in conjunction with using the creams that you've been using and that will speed up the recovery significantly. But what I would also recommend is to use a homeopathic solution instead. I always feel if there's a natural way to do something, then it's best to avoid the chemicals. I would look for an natural product, that can be taken orally to promote re-growth of the good bacteria in your body.

There are a few out there, I think they are probably all pretty good. One that I have used and was very effective for me was is yeastrol.

If you're interesting in finding out more I've added a link that has some more info.

Source(s): Hubpages - Why Does Monistat Burn? Is There Anything That Doesn't Hurt? http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Does-Monistat-Burn-Is-...

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Home Remedy - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?fgZI

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

ive been having chronic yeast infections for six months, have been on NUMEROUS percriptions of Diflucan, havie tried the monistat and clotrimazole vaginal cream and chaging my diet...but nothing and i mean nothing seems to work (for a while, anyways). when it DOES go away, i get relief for maybe...

Source(s): chronic yeast infections antibiotics months: https://tinyurl.im/g21kA

Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast : http://www.YeastCured.com/

You should look at the reasons behind them. Do you notice some sort of pattern? For example, I have gotten 2 in the last 3 months and I realized it was from sweating alot at work (for like 6 + hours at least) and staying in the same clothes for sometimes hours afterwards. Now I dont wear underwear, (I know its gross, but it works!) And I have also started taking a supplement daily its called Yeast Gard and you can get it at any drug store in the feminine hygiene aisle. I havent gotten one since. Also, the first one I got, I treated it and my husband got it and gave it back to me. You really need to be careful. Hope this helps. It could be wearing tight sweaty clothes, washing with a deoderant soap down there or it could be an immunity issue, but most likely not , because you would notice if you have been sick.

Have you already tried out Yeast Infection No More strategy? Move here : http://tinyurl.com/warmlaborer68 . This might completely manage yourself!

My Yeast Infection Cured - http://YeastCured.uzaev.com/?Ggvj