What are some of the best movies, mostly over looked by the public as such?

My favorite is "With Honors"

Montgomery Kessler, (Brandon Frasier) is set to graduate from Harvard with honors, and his future is surely written in stone, possible in politics. He just has one thing left to do. Finish and turn in his thesis.

After losing most of it in a computer death, he then loses the rest while taking it to be copied, down the drain of the Harvard library where he finds Simon Wilder (Joe Pesci) who will give him back his thesis in return for favors.

While his roomates reject Simon's ever presence and do all they can to force him away, they grow slowely together and Simon will teach each life lessons. In a great finish, Simon's death brings them all together and they realize that his homelesness made them stronger.

Best Answer

"The Mighty" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119670/

most underrated film of all time.

Water World! Known as one of the biggest failures. Not making back the money it cost. But one of my favs!

I was looking for old Robert Downey Jr. movies on Netflix and found Air America. Never heard of it before, but I was surprised I liked it! Also starred Mel Gibson.

Edit: Titanic? That's the second most successful movie of all time… Hardly over looked.

Girl, Interrupted (1999)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172493/

Thats a good one! I was so bummed when it wouldn't play in my blue ray player!!

I like Lost in Translation...I think Murray should have totally gotten an award :(

I also loved Wrist Cutters...its a pretty mixed up but amazing movie!

The Emperor's Club was pretty good. It's like the depressing Dead Poet's Society (because that wasn't depressing at all).The Fall was also awesome.

Titanic (1997)

national treasure (: