Wifes vagina hurts during/after sex.?

I use condoms... Smooth ones. My wife says that the condoms with bumps, ribs and whatnot hurt her insides... Thats why I use smooth condoms. But still, she informs me that her vagina still begins to hurt during and after sex... This really bothers me, is it common? I have noticed that even the smooth condoms... show more I use condoms... Smooth ones. My wife says that the condoms with bumps, ribs and whatnot hurt her insides... Thats why I use smooth condoms. But still, she informs me that her vagina still begins to hurt during and after sex... This really bothers me, is it common?
I have noticed that even the smooth condoms "wrinkle" along the shaft, and I think that might be the problem... But I dont think theres any way to fix that one....
I suppose my question(s) are; Is this a common occurrence for many girls? And can anyone recommend a condom that may stay smooth and unwrinkled? (Ive been using Durex featherlite.)