I think I crashed and burned on the first date?

Been talking to this girl for about a month and we finally went out tonight...The conversations never dwindled but she got very tired after we ate and was yawning all the time...Granted she has to work early in the morning and she said she usually goes to bed around 8...I walked her to the door i gave her a hug and aked her if she wanted to do something friday...She said I dont think Im doing anything friday so give me a call...I just feel like I crashed and burned cause I was so nervous cause she looked absolutely gorgeous...Pile that on with the yawning and tired feeling I just feel like I failed..She never stopped talking though even on the way home..Just over analyzing I suppose..But I just have a feeling she wont answer the phone.

Favorite Answer

If she wants to go out again with you, then it sounds like you didn't crash and burn at all! Don't let the fact that she was tired and yawning a lot discourage you. She was probably, like you said, just very tired from work and was trying hard to stay away. That's no reflection on you, it just means that by the end of the day, she was worn out. It doesn't mean she was bored with you... sometimes when you're really tired, even if you're doing something fun, it's hard to keep your head up. The fact that she didn't stop talking shows that she had a good time. If she was really bored, she wouldn't say a thing, but would just look miserable.

For your next date, I would suggest planning something where you're a little more active so she doesn't get too tired sitting still.... like mini golf, or bowling perhaps?

I think you had a better first date than you thought you did, don't be so hard on yourself! :)

Don't take the yawning as a bad thing. She was probably just tired from other things going on with her life. You should go and call her for Friday because she might actually be interested in you. Also if she is, and you don't call, she might think you don't want HER. You don't know the dead details of what happened.

Bottom line: Call her for Friday, the date probably went not-so-great because of reasons you don't know about.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, sounds like everything went fine to me. If she worked early that day and it was late then her exhaustion is perfectly understandable. Now consider two things, if she wasn't interested she would not have kept talking, but tried to steer things to a close by giving short, dead-end responses. Also if she said she was interested friday and to call her then that means she is willing to let you contact her again, whereas if you failed she probably would have just said "Let me check my schedule" or that she would call you and let you know later, that way she would have control of the situation and try to send a message by not getting in touch. It was fine, relax.

Well if she did not want to meet friday, she would not lie about it, now would she. Man up, willya. If you do not think she is good enough for you, she will not think that either. And besides, if she talked a lot, it cannot mean she was bored, now can it? Just be yourself, she would not go out with you if she thought you are not worth the trouble.

If she said yes to another date, then you still have another chance. To keep her awake do something fun, like go to an amusement park (Find out if she likes them first), or some place that she likes, not just some plain old restaurant. While that might be good sometimes, a night-time date might not be the best. Hope I could help. :)

^^ I'm sure you are just over analyzing it. Do worry! It sounds like to me she had a good time she was just honestly tired. When women aren't having fun they are quiet and don't talk openly. Not to mention she said to call her Friday. :) Sounds like you did a good job to me. Call her Friday and don't let your worries bring you down or scare you away.

Source(s): I'm a woman. :P

You did great. Call her, set up the date, and have fun.

Next time, do something active, so you aren't just

staring at each other, or sitting getting tired because you

are full. Maybe mini golf, bowling, etc.

Source(s): She said to call her, to set something up.

Just call her she will answer it. If a girl talks on a date a lot, that means she likes him. Trust me just try ;)

No, you did fine, As long as it wasn't awkward or anything. She just has a busy work schedule and all, if she told you to call her, she'll probably answer.

Be Cool and Collected.. maybe don't call her straight away.. when you date her.. be a good listener.. a gentleman.. be funny! and don't be nervous.. there is nothing worse.. Hope I Helped.