If America is a Christian nation, why does Japan have the lowest crime rates in the world?

Christians believe that ONLY Christians are righteous and moral. And with majority of Americans being Christian, Christians say that America is Christian nation that is righteous and moral (Although I disagree - America is secular. It's only Christian by population-wise, not constitutionally). But if America is a Christian nation, why does Japan (majority here, are Buddhists, Shintoists, and non religious - Christians are only less than 1 percent in Japan) have a THE MOST LOWEST crime rate in the world?

• Rene
    Best Answer

"And with majority of Americans being Christian"

WRONG! The majority of Americans THINK they are Christian because of many reasons. Either they were baptized as a baby or their parents bring them to church or they go to church on their own, they immediately think they are Christians. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in your garage makes you a car.

Great observation.

There is one answer I would like to offer.

But first I want to remind you that you said Japan has the lowest crime rate. And not a negative or no crime rate. And also what crimes are taking place in Japan?

The United States of America has an extremely different social economic system from Japan.

The Japanese Government makes sure that no worker is ever laid off.

Well I will not list all of the differences but I think you understand what I am getting at.

Revelation Chapter 13:11 - 17, tells of the false prophet beast(nation) that has two horns like a lamb(Jesus) but it spake or spoke as a dragon(Satan).

Having given this much study I believe it is speaking about The UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

So every societal issue that we have seen, are seeing, and will see in America I believe are taking place to set up and put America in its place to carry out and perform all that is written about her in chapter 13.

So that is why we have such conditions not only rampant crime but all the other ills we experience today.

I would like to know where you are getting your information on Christians. No, they do not believe that. An individual might, but in general most do not. You must be an Atheist, which by the very meaning of religion is a religion. 2 or more people who share the same or similar beliefs who get together to share those beliefs and spread them to others. That includes the belief in no god. No, the places which have the lowest crime rates are places where people are allowed to use weapons (not I did not just say guns, but weapons) to protect themselves and their property. That goes in ALL places of the world. Those who are using statistics leave that little part out. Statistics are worded so it proves what the person gathering the statistics wants it to prove. It is an individual or several who are pro active in protecting their things which deters crime. Hope this explains things.

• Keila

Well, I believe that Satan(Devil) is not going to bother much with those he has already doing, what he wants them to do!!!!!! He will tempt those that are Christians, and trying to live for the Lord!!! Now, I am not saying that all of Japan is Anti Christ but, there's not too many Christians over there!!!

This is a Christian Nation, and so the Devil hangs out here a whole lot more than he would in Japan or any other place that he has convinced!!!!

I think Japan still holds honor among each other as worthy. Has nothing to do with religion but everything to do with tradition.

America has a large Christian population but sometimes they don't reflect our Lord as they should. Those are your fake Christians in name only.

Remember Jesus said "Wide is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the path that leads to life." Anyone can call themselves a Christian and be far from it.

Well Japan's population is pretty low, and unlike America, there aren't many different races and ethnic groups, so not many problems there. Japan doesn't have guns and drugs, and Japanese people are brought up to not speak their mind and say anything like many Americans do.

Source(s): I've lived in Japan my whole life

Well, friends, here is the Gospel; and where is the man's heart so hard that he will not see and embrace it? A man must be hardened in wickedness, that will not abide the law of the Gospel. And that portion of you who have not obeyed, my invitation is to you all; and all of you in the Church who have not obeyed the gospel in its fulness, see that you obey it in its fulness; I mean to every day attend to the repentance part of it - the leaving off part, forsaking your evils - the conversion part, and bring forth fruits suited to a new life.

JD 9:216, Parley P. Pratt, August 26, 1855

I will have to be judged for my preaching, and you for your hearing. I shall be pretty careful for myself; I can do that I think. I shall look into things, prepare my mind to discern between the right and the wrong, otherwise I might neglect; and it will keep a man pretty busy to repent and bring forth fruits for a new life. There will be a good deal of watching and praying, and he will have to be pretty careful to live so as to get the Holy Spirit, so that it will not leave him, and he will be without it, like a fish out of water, or like a person in hot weather destitute of pure air. If he once loses the Spirit, after having received it, it will keep him pretty busy to get it again.

That repentance, and that burial in the name of the risen Jesus, wants a good deal of humility and perseverance, for there is the old man with his deeds to put off, and lay aside, and to walk a new life.

• Most have not read and/or understand a the scriptures.

most importantly John 14:12.Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Because Japanese law enforcement is really good? These statistics (which you do not provide, I might add) could be influenced by a number of other factors.

Source(s): NOTICE: I am in no way condoning Christian faith-based crimes, I am simply stating the truth.

Japan is pretty small compared to America, that and I hear that they are incredibly strict when it comes to gun control, to the point where it is nigh impossible to own a firearm.