If America is a Christian nation, why does Japan have the lowest crime rates in the world?

Christians believe that ONLY Christians are righteous and moral. And with majority of Americans being Christian, Christians say that America is Christian nation that is righteous and moral (Although I disagree - America is secular. It's only Christian by population-wise, not constitutionally). But if America... show more Christians believe that ONLY Christians are righteous and moral. And with majority of Americans being Christian, Christians say that America is Christian nation that is righteous and moral (Although I disagree - America is secular. It's only Christian by population-wise, not constitutionally). But if America is a Christian nation, why does Japan (majority here, are Buddhists, Shintoists, and non religious - Christians are only less than 1 percent in Japan) have a THE MOST LOWEST crime rate in the world?