Ashley Ash asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

should dogs eat human food or dog food?

should my dog eat human food or her dog food?

Best Answer

Elephant food is best

I have a dog in Vietnam that has always been fed on people foods since he was a puppy, and she is still healthy and smart at 15 years old now.. Almost everyone in Asia only feeds human foods to dogs since there are no dog foods in there. It's a myth that dogs can't evolve and digest human foods and that meaty human foods are less healthy for dogs than dog foods. You just need to cook it right for dogs, not to add seasonings, not too much salt, fat, sugar, or flavors, basically meat, rice, potatoes, fruits and veggies are good for dogs. Dog foods can have preservatives and other ingredients that cause cancer and hurt dogs health in the long term.

a few years ago i would have said human foods but dog food has come along way since there are better organic dog foods that are healthier for your pooch so i think in my opinion its really up to you i feed my dog both you have to be careful as there are foods dogs cannot eat like raisins or onions and i find the more human food my dog gets the more i have to clean her teeth :) i think it also depends on the dog food you feed your dog as there are some products still out in the market that actually can cause cancers in your dog which is why i preferred to feed mine human all in all i enjoy sharing my meals with my dog but she does get holistic kibble every now and then :) ..... also you can find healthy dog food recipes online if your like me and like to cook and know what your pooch is eating i do not mind going a little further for my "baby" lol hope this helps a little at least

Source(s): just googling healthy dog foods
  • Cheryl

Actually there are human dog and cat food testers. They do this for a living, tasting the food at the factories and ensuring they taste good and are fit for our pets to eat. You won't be poisoned, but they are not what your taste buds will enjoy. Dog biscuits are not like cookies and biscuits. LOL I have tried them . Even as a child I would sneak with my brother and eat the cat food. Till we got caught by my older brother, who said, Cat food is made from horse meat. I don't know it it is true. That put me off for life. I learned my lesson,one warning only.

Dog food, but you could also feed her human food also

Source(s): brainn

Your dog should eat dog food, simply because he/she is a dog, and also human food isnt healthy for dogs. :)

Source(s): Brain (: and Experience.
  • Labman

Dogs are healthiest on a diet that is complete and balanced. The only easy way to do that is to feed a dog food. All the modern dog foods are formulated to the same well know standards.

Dog food is better, but I give my dog human food sometimes! :D My dog loves to eat snacks! :D And bread too... o.O But dog food is still better! ;)

dog food but when shes good give her a piece of ham or something you can feed her human just be careful what you give them here's a site that list some things you can and cant give you dog http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/slideshow-foods-your-do...

Dog food under all circumstances. Never feed your dog "people" food. Dog food is especially formulated for dogs. People food, especially rich, fatty foods, can make him sick

Source(s): Show dog breeder & owner.

dog food. but i give my dog human food sometimes.