How long would it take me to travel from Oahu to Molokai by boat?

please be specific in hours thanks!

• Kono
    Favorite Answer

Well, all depend on what kina boat, ok? What I mean, different boat go different speed, ok? And, depend where on Oahu you start, and where on Molokai you stop, ok? From Makapuu Point to Molokai bout 26 miles, but can't really leave from Makapuu Point, cause no harbor, ok? Now I got friend with big 45 foot Scarab with big diesel engines, he make trip in less than hour, but I tell you not smooth ride, ok? And if he spear wave with bow of boat, you get you eyelids peel back, ok? Now, Kaiwi channel between Molokai and Oahu, get really rough, and often pretty heavy current, so not place to play, ok? If you got some crazy haole idea bout get inna kayak, and paddle ova to Molokai, then paddle back, my advice to you, don't, you gonna be shark bait, ok? Now we have competition hea alla time, so if you think you good nough, sign up, get you a outrigger, and go for it, ok?

Peace and aloha to you!

Source(s): kapaakid
  • reams

Molokai To Oahu

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avCpI

It is possible, but unless you have the full six man outrigger canoe, an escort boat, a full crew of nine or more (with your back-up paddlers in the escort boat), a good steers man, and some serious endurance to battle both fatigue and the rolling ocean, I would highly advise against it. The Kaiwi channel between Oahu and Molokai is no joke, 26 miles of brutal seas and rolling swells. The Pailolo channel between Molokai and Maui is much shorter, at 8 miles, but is reputed to be the most hostile of all the waterways separating the Islands. The Alenuihaha channel between Maui and Hawaii island is something like the Kaiwi, but longer at 30 miles. In my experience, winter is always the most brutal season. And yes, it would literally take days as I'm only talking about the distances between islands, you must still account for he distance traveled around each island.

• ?

Yeti nailed it first,

so i'll just add:

--if you are on a vessel controlled by someone else, it is going to be up to them, e.g., a cruise ship could take several hours, a power boat much less than that, a saiboat could be either way.

--if you are on your own in a small vessel, you could luck out and catch the Molokai Express, a fast current that will get you near Molokai quickly, a few hours. If you are not an adept waterman, you could end up being carried past it or just be swamped and carried to Puhi's home. btw if you do something like that and the Coast Guard has to come rescue you (better than going to visit Puhi or Mano), you're going to get an earful from them, and maybe more.

Source(s): I live in Hawaii. Puhi and Mano live just offshore.
  • Yeti

I believe the Outrigger canoe race between the two is 41 miles, and the winner historically has taken about 9 hours, with teams now getting it down towards 5. But they're trained for it.

If you're sailing or have a motor boat I suppose it might be faster in the right conditions. If you're paddling by yourself, it's going to take a good deal longer.

Distance, assuming you start from Honolulu is only about 60 miles, Powerboats could do that in under 2 hours. If there is an inter island ferry that offers the route I would expect about 3 hours.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

please be specific in hours thanks!

Source(s): long travel oahu molokai boat: https://shortly.im/cnfo3